1. The Outer Banks are home to a number of historic lighthouses, including the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse and the Bodie Island Lighthouse.
1. The Outer Banks are home to the Wright Brothers National Memorial, which commemorates the site where the Wright brothers made their first powered flight in 1903.
1. The Outer Banks have a rich history, with Native American and European settlements dating back hundreds of years.
1. The Outer Banks are home to a number of state parks and nature reserves, including the Nags Head Woods Preserve and the Pea Island National Wildlife Refuge.
1. The Outer Banks have a vibrant arts and culture scene, with galleries, museums, and live music venues.
1. The Outer Banks have a number of small towns and villages, each with its own unique character and charm.